It’s nearly 10 years since I created my first blog, this was back in 2008 when it first became popular. An actual blog were a huge step from the websites with secret passwords, and big words with the text “welcome” on the front page. Now, almost everyone has a blog whether it is for personal reasons or just for fun. In this post I am going to reveal 10 reasons why starting a blog will change your life.
Blogging can bring a lot of positive changes into your everyday life, whether you are a full time mum, hairdresser or maybe self employed. It can help release inner thoughts, stress and give you better confidence. My blog have tough me a few things about myself, and helped me improve my writing skills.
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START A BLOG
1. Let go of your worries and frustrations – Whether you want the blog to be public for everyone to read, or just to keep for yourself. A blog is like a diary and can help let go of worries and thoughts that are taking over your head. Who knows? Maybe one day your diary will become a book, or help someone that need to hear your story. Sometimes letting go of our inner thoughts, makes things easier to cope with.
2. Challenge yourself and your inner creativity – I always think that you have to start somewhere whatever it is you want to do, challenge your inner creativity, blogging will help you getting your ideas on paper.
3. Post your work – Do you love to take photos and want to share them? Are you a painter and would like to show your art? Why not start a blog? Share your passion with other photo enthusiasts and artists like yourself and get feedback for your work.
4. Create engagement – One of the top reasons to with blogging is that you can reach many people with your opinions, whether it’s in politics or the beauty department. Interact with people that have the same view and connect with like minded people.
5. Create a brand for yourself – If it is something that can come out of having a blog than it must be all the different possibilities. If you learn to play the cards right, and gain a good follower base you can take your blog to higher stages. You can turn your blogging into business, start a brand or shop. Of course It takes hard work, but anything is possible if you dedicate your heart to it.
6. Become an Instagramer – Now that you have the blog, then it is time to connect on all the social media platforms out there. If you want to drive engagement to your blog, than I recommend to start on instagram. Instagram is genius in so many ways, and you can simply connect it to your blog with just a link. I get a lot of my traffic from Instagram.
7. Get products/services sponsored – One of the many perks of getting started is that you can get things sponsored. Sometimes PR contact you and ask if you can do a sponsored post or review a product/service they provide. If you write good reviews and they drive sales, you will get more requests. I think it is very important to think of every review as your portfolio, and the brands are your clients. The more brands you work with, the more opportunities follows.
8. Earn some extra money – Running a blog has many positives, one of them is that you can actually earn money by writing, reviewing and taking photos. How great is that? You can sign up to affiliate programs and choose brands you want to work with. If the adverts gets any click/sale from your post, you earn commission.
9. Get self-employed – If you do well with your blogging you can turn it in to full time job and eat out whenever you want! You can choose the time you want to work, and you will get paid monthly/weekly just like any other job. But of course you have to declare your income to the tax company, if you earn over a certain ammount.
10. Get invited to blog/pr events – One of the coolest thing with blogging are all the events you get invited to. I have been to so many incredible events, and it is always so much fun. And of course, you meet bloggers in the same niche as you which is always very interesting. I love being a part of such big blog community.
I hope this post inspired you to start a blog, let me know if you do so I can check it out 🙂
Want to start a new blog? Sign up with the same host I use here, Free Web hosting for the first year! You can install wordpress, get your own domain and get access to your natural traffic sources + more. I have been with them over 1 year soon, and I am very pleased.
Are you inspired to start a blog? If you have a blog, what made you start?